Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Monday, August 1, 2011

Hey Look! I have my very own classroom!

Today I drove out to my school in Dolan Springs - a tiny town with not too much to do... but the school is absolutely beautiful! It's pretty new, big, and everyone is super friendly and helpful. I met my principal, vice- principal (she's a vandal; but I won't hold it against her!) and the coach as well as the Kindergarten, 1st, and 3rd grade teacher. Mt Tipton is a k-12 school and there is only one teacher per grade level, so it will be really nice to be able to do my own thing!

My classroom was much bigger and had wayyyyyyy more storage than I anticipated. I unloaded all my things and set to work... I can get a lot accomplished when I am left alone and really motivated!

Here's what it looked like at the beginning of the day  ...


 So many textbooks!
 I have a lot of storage space :)

 One of my previous tenants allowed the kids to graffiti the bulletin board :(
 Here's the middle of the day ...
 It doesn't look too much different!
 Books got put away though!
 And by the end of the day I accomplished a lot! There's still a lot to do, though! I love my desk area, I need some more organization though!
 Birthday board and Student of the Week
 Social Studies, Science and Tired Words boards
 That's the front of the classroom ... I only have 20 desks!!!!!
 The classroom library will go along the shelf, eventually and the kids will get to put their things in the cubbies.
 Back here I will put the kidney table for small groups.


Tomorrow, we're having a "swap meet" at school, I'm excited!

I still have a lot to do, and I will probably change some things around still... but it's good to have this much done already!

No comments:

Post a Comment